Community Nursing Care
Community First Choice provides home nursing disability care services to avoid illness and promote a healthy lifestyle.
Our Nursing services provide people from various cultural backgrounds, often with disadvantaged and marginalised people, the simplest of healthcare. The hurdles to a healthy lifestyle are removed or rectified, and health awareness leads to positive outcomes. Our NDIS registered nurses are competent to provide special care to people in their homes as well.
Community medical care is provided to participants who have complex individual support needs best met by someone who has medical training and knowledge to satisfy the Participants complex health needs. This service is taken into account when specific individual support needs include:
- Day-to-day management of medications
- Minimal communication
- Behaviour support needs; and
- Enteral (Nasal-Gastric Tube – Jejunum or Duodenum) Feeding and Management
- Complex Wound Management
- Tracheostomy Management
- Urinary Catheter Management
- Subcutaneous Injections
- Complex Bowel Care
- Medical needs/procedures such as ventilation or home enteral nutrition